Solcon USA Marine Applications
Why Solcon USA?
With Marine certified products and a reputation for solid reliability, Solcon has led the innovative development and manufacturing of motor control equipment for Marine applications since 1995. Today, Solcon boasts an 80% market share and some of the top names in the industry listed among their clients; these include: ABB, Siemens, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Rolls Royce, Wartsila, Terasaki and many more. Solcon has a wide range of Soft Starters including standard low voltage marine duty units with ratings up to 690V to their heavy duty medium voltage product line from 2.3 - 15kV and up to 50MW. The soft starters are uniquely designed for Marine applications including: Thrusters, Azimuth pods, Main propulsion, Ballast pumps, and Hydraulic power packs. And all have the unique advantage of being able to operate smoothly even during voltage and frequency fluctuations typical of generator sourced power.
Typical Applications include:
- Water & ballast pumps
- Refrigeration chillers & compressors
- Hydraulic pumps & power packs
- Main Propulsion motors
Read more about Solcon in Marine & Offshore Applications:
A brief overview
- Over 30 years of engineering expertise
- Delivering a complete line of solutions to the world
- Accredited with ISO 9001:2000
- Designed to meet international standards such as CE, UL, cUL, Ex, CCC and Gost-R. Lloyds, DNV, BV, ABS and other approvals are also available